Links



love fashion ♡



Follow me on instagram - Melissajay93
Or my twitter - melissajay93

August 20, 2011

Grey contacts for Dark eyes




So the first photo is me last year (ugh) and me last night... I tried to get a shot in day light but couldn't because it was starting to get dark. (I'm such a poser). I absolutely LOVE these! I bought 'Mezmereyes' pearl grey, my eyes are super dark, they don't look it in the left pic because the light caught them but they really are! I was originally going to get velvet grey but my sister said because your eyes are dark go lighter, I was scared I was going to look 'Owl-ish' with like MEGA big eyes which I didn't want. I wanted just a colour contact without enlargement which if you do want get ones with a black ring around. I did my research into these colours.

So it was £10 for 1 month, I got one month incase I didn't like them, it was £12.99 for 3 which now I regret because I adore these!
So my first try... Was utterly horrible! But i'm a first time user ever for contacts! I'm not bad with touching my eyes though i'll just shove my finger in if I need to (that sounds a bit strange). I was on the phone to my friend at the time, asking her what to do and stuff, it is actually a bit tricky, I can't even explain how to put them in because I honestly can't remember they just eventually went in! I had to do it a quite few times then just was like 'IT'S GOING IN WHETHER IT LIKES IT OR NOT!' Hahaha

So when it first went in my eyes started WATERING so bad! It looked like I was crying! It's proberly because I took so long and they were dry! Then there was taking it out and that took another half an hour to do.

But they were so nice! I love the exotic-ness they grey gives to me, because most mixed race people have brown eyes, then green, which is my next colour to get.

They came in little sachets filled with solution & he also gave me another box free which had a bottle of solution, a contact case & a chart of all the colours available:


I would definitely purchase these again, but under flash photography, they don't look that natural unless you edit it down, in daytime they look GORGEOUS!

My overall rating:

8/10

For the uncomfortableness slightly when in my eyes
&
when under flash they don't look natural... but maybe it's just my flash cause I have just a small Samsung camera.

Otherwise perfect! If you want a subtle grey on dark eyes go for these! Sometimes they look like a very dark blue..


They also slide about a tiny bit, not alot... you can kind of see here in my left eye



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me ♡

My photo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Just a blog about fashion, a few personal things thrown in and other things, thanks for reading! XOXO

Total Pageviews