Links



love fashion ♡



Follow me on instagram - Melissajay93
Or my twitter - melissajay93

August 07, 2011

Buying Fake/Real M.A.C online!

So i've been asked in the past how can you tell if it's real or fake, where to buy it from, is it safe to buy off ebay etc. So here's my honest opinion. Unless they can prove it's 100% authentic, DO NOT BUY OFF EBAY! I wouldn't buy it off ebay in the first place if i'm honest! So here's a few ways to save yourself from falling into that trap:


1. If it sounds too good to be true, it's NOT true! If you visit the mac site one bottle of foundation is around £20, if someone's selling it for around £10 it's more than likely fake! Or especially eyeshadows, a bulk of 24 for around £30 is going to be FAKE! One eyeshadow pot on M.A.C is £11.50.

2. Don't buy if it's from China, that place is a well known replica city. Just stick to your own country.

3. If they don't say it's authentic, don't buy, if it's not in the description you can always message the seller to ask, if they don't reply it's fake, and if they do reply then obviously you'll have your answer :-)

4. Check the name of the colours listed. The M.A.C site is always available for you to check colours. If it's a discontinued colour, you can always google the colour e.g. search for "M.A.C discontinued colours for lipstick" I'm pretty sure somewhere will have a list of colours.

5. Look at the packaging, M.A.C always has the dot's inbetween the letters, everything is always in a straight line, it has a sticker label for the name of the colour of the product never printed on the box, the font on the packaging, lipglosses & pigment glasses always are full, which by I mean is this (bottom pic):


See how the tubes are completely full?


6. M.A.C do not sell pallette's like this:




These instore with real colours would cost over £100, not about £20, 100% fake!

7. If you have the money, just buy from any M.A.C counter or store to make sure it's authentic.

If I come across any more idea's i'll add more, if you have any questions or want me to check the item over, feel free to ask me on facebook or formspring.

P.N I'm not endorsed by M.A.C to do this, or a makeup artist, just an avid fan of M.A.C and want to stop people buying fake, If you can't afford don't fake it. You can find good quality high street eyeshadows such as Barry M (I love these, but all loose shadows and I hate fall out), Sleek and Boujois (from my own experience)




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me ♡

My photo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Just a blog about fashion, a few personal things thrown in and other things, thanks for reading! XOXO

Total Pageviews